Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xain1z2z  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
xain1z2z

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey All,

New here, helping out my elderly neighbor with her older Electrolux Range (2008) Model Model EW30EF65GSC. Found the service manual online and was attempting to find some answers on that document, but came up empty.

Seems the bottom left (largest) heating element on the top range won't turn off. Had to turn the circuit breaker off to turn off oven, then pulled it out unplugged and manually removed the power cables under the hood to remove power to that element.

Was attempting to troubleshoot it using the YouTube videos. Some videos say I should use a voltmeter continuity test (which I ran on the heating element power connections, seemed to show continuity)? but not sure if I'm troubleshooting this correctly.

Neighbor suspects if the power supply boards that are the issue, but looking through the service manual which I found online, the heating elements connect directly to a ELECTROLUX RANGE CONTROL which I found online (Part #316443920)? So not certain if replacing the power control board is the answer?

I want to make sure I order the right part. Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting some older Electrolux ranges and what I should be testing to make sure I get the right replacement part?

-C
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 5:25:18 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
If you have to turn the breaker off to shut down the bake element, its probably a stuck relay. Does your board look like this one?

https://images.marcone.c...16443920_measurement.jpg

If so, the little black boxes are the relays. One of them is stuck on. Inside the relay are electrical contacts that over time and thousands of cycles, become burnt and sometimes stick together or not make good contact. In your case they are welded together. Sometimes a sharp tap will jar them loose, sometime it won't. If you are good at soldering, the relays can be replaced. Or you replace the board.
xain1z2z  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 12:01:54 PM(UTC)
xain1z2z

United States

Yah that's the board.

I kind of was leaning towards the relay being off. Since i was reading the service manual and following the schematic arrows/lines and the heating elements went to the relay board instead of the two power supply pcb boards.

I'll order the relay and see if replacing it fixes the oven.
Thanks

xain1z2z  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 12:10:30 PM(UTC)
xain1z2z

United States

Ill report back once I get the part and if it fixes the issues.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply