Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amappliancewi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 10:22:36 AM(UTC)
amappliancewi

Groups: Registered
United States

Samsung Fridge Power Outage: Now Error Codes E6 & E13. Model #: RF261BEAESR/AA-00; Serial #: JKKK4BBF700670W. French Door, Manufactured, 2014.

After a power outage the refrigerator user interface display, which is on the top of the cabinet when you open the fresh food doors has not stopped flashing “6” and then “13” on the left side and on the side it displays “E.” There has been no change in the cooling as everything continues to operate well. The refrigerator was unplugged for 10 plus minutes and plugged back in an attempt to reset any electronics but the display reappeared “E6” & “E13.” One thing that I have yet to do is to go through the diagnostics to reset the error codes and see if the error codes reappear on the display. My understanding is that these error codes mean that the user interface is communicating an error with the ambient temperature thermistor (E6) and the humidity sensor (E13). If the actual cooling has not been interrupted, I am wondering if the power outage has caused damage to the user interface electrical components and that assembly may need replacing, not the thermistors. Any feedback is appreciated!

Adam
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.