Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amappliancewi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 5:22:22 PM(UTC)
amappliancewi

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE Cafe Refrigerator, French style manufactured 2021. Model #: CVE28DP4NBW2 Serial #: FS155995. The original issue was that no ice was being made in the ice maker in the door. During the diagnostics service mode the error code said the door was left open for more than 15 minutes. Icing was found in the freezer cabinet on the back wall coming out of the vents. In service mode, the evaporator fans ran successfully but the ice box fan would not run. The refrigerator was turned off for 24 hours with doors open. When the fridge was turned back on the ice box fan would not run during the Test #50. The other fans ran properly during their tests. The ice box fan was replaced and during service mode ran properly and good airflow noted during the test. 24 hours later, no ice was made from the ice maker. Returning to service mode, fault code appears: F 0601 = Ice harvest takes > 10 min. Test #50 ran to evaluate the operation of the ice box fan. Initially, it is heard that the fan starts up and then stops and flashes “00” on the display repeatedly. The flashing “00” is not referenced in the service manual so I don’t know what this is indicating. Ice box thermistor test was done and it revealed “41” which means “open/shorted or not present.” I don’t know if that is helpful information. Is anyone familiar with an issue similar to this? Any thoughts on what would cause the ice box fan to stop running after it ran successfully? Is there a possible short to the main control board that now has possibly damaged the ice box fan?

Thanks much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.