Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sprusgoose  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2023 8:33:24 AM(UTC)
Sprusgoose

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi all, I have a Frigidaire FGID2466QF8A dishwasher, and it is draining improperly, or not at all on most occasions. After the initial issue started showing up, we noticed that when you run it on a "Quick Wash" cycle, it would drain fully, but on "Normal" or "Powerwash Plus" cycles (longer cycles), it would leave an inch of water in the bottom of the tub. I just ran a Quick Wash cycle and I can hear the drain pump humming, but it only kicked on for 4-5 seconds and still left water in the tub basin. I have tried to troubleshoot on my end as much as possible, but don't know where to go now without throwing parts at it. Hoping for some help. Things I've checked/tried:

- Removing and clearing drain hose (found piece of ceramic mug in there and removed)
- Cleaned filters, disassembled bottom of tub and checked for debris
- Put baking soda in for 20 minutes and then ran a cycle
- Made sure drain hose comes up high enough to avoid air gapping (it goes all the way to top of sink cabinet before dropping back down)
- Checked P-trap in sink and made sure inlet from drain hose to piping is clear (no garburator installed)
- Checked drain pump for continuity (reads 0.26 Ohms...if memory serves correctly) and impeller seems to spin freely
- Replaced float switch

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Is it possible that even with continuity and a free impeller, that its just a failed pump unit? Water inlet valve? Control board not properly telling the pump to run?

Any advice is much appreciated!!!

Edited by user Saturday, February 4, 2023 8:34:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.