Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cameroninoc  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 1:22:44 PM(UTC)
cameroninoc

Groups: Registered

I have a 2 year old LG Dryer (Model DLGX8101V) that the drum doesn't stop turning unless I pull the plug out of the wall or open the dryer door. The dryer can be powered off at the panel but still plugged in and will continuously run.

I did some searching online and found a reset procedure but it didn't work but not sure I did it right either? Also found information regarding motor relay possibly bad. The dryer still heats but just wont stop running once the clothes are dry or timer runs out.

Any suggestion are much appreciated. I have the unit open looking at the control board but I can't identify the relay switch.

Thank You,
Cameron
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 2:05:21 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Don't know much about LGs, but I would say it's a stuck relay. You could try carefully tapping on each relay to see if that breaks the contacts apart. Use something non-conductive like a screwdriver handle.

If it is the relay, you could replace the board or just the relay. The latter requires some soldering skills.
cameroninoc  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 2:16:42 PM(UTC)
cameroninoc

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Don't know much about LGs, but I would say it's a stuck relay. You could try carefully tapping on each relay to see if that breaks the contacts apart. Use something non-conductive like a screwdriver handle.

If it is the relay, you could replace the board or just the relay. The latter requires some soldering skills.

Thanks for the response. Only problem is I don't know which component is the relay. I've taken it apart and tapped on several larger black caps but it didn't resolve it. How would I go about identifying the correct component to tap?

Thanks
cameroninoc  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 2:41:17 PM(UTC)
cameroninoc

Originally Posted by: cameroninoc Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the response. Only problem is I don't know which component is the relay. I've taken it apart and tapped on several larger black caps but it didn't resolve it. How would I go about identifying the correct component to tap?

Thanks

Well in the process of doing laundry today the dryer has resolved itself. Its functioning properly.
What is the likelihood of the issue returning assuming it was a stuck relay? Will it just get stuck again?

Edited by user Friday, February 3, 2023 2:43:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ThatGuy  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 4:45:20 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
The reason they stick is because the electrical contacts inside them, get stuck together. And yes it will probably happen again. This is a relay...

https://external-content...93de2e819&ipo=images

and this too...

https://external-content...71a9d6df9&ipo=images

Also there are larger high amperage relays on your board. These have two fairly large wires to the back of them. Usually these are for the heating element.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply