Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2022 5:23:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Sunday in Washers and Dryers

Got an entire Samsung 'stainless steel' kitchen (fridge, range, microwave and dishwasher) early 2020 before the huge price increase. The DW80N3030US dishwasher was replacing an old Maytag that performed flawlessly for 25+ years without a single incident ... but happened to be white; I gave it to my daughter and it still operates to this day.

The DW80N3030US is very spacious and silent, but not very good at drying, whether opening the door or not. I was quite satisfied until something broke.

My concern is that any replacement part for the dishwasher -and it seems for any Samsung Kitchen Appliance- is [1] badly documented [2] very hard to come by and [3] extremely expensive.

Yesterday, when opening the door of the dishwasher, I heard a 'snap' and the door fell open without control. After watching a YouTube video, I pulled the dishwasher and found out that the left rope (tied to the door and the door spring) was broken; the 40cm 3mm rope is frayed-open in the middle. The right rope is OK, but not strong enough to single-handed dampen the door opening.

This failure seems to be quite common with Samsung dishwashers ! I went looking for a replacement part, but the part is not documented in any Samsung parts manual and pictures, and does not seem to be available from regular parts distributors :disappointed_face: After a lot of digging, I finally got the part number DD81-02301A 'Dishwasher Spring Rope' from AppliancePartsPro and eBay. In lieu of any Samsung-sponsored parts distributor, the part is available from 3rd party at the insulting price of $68 for a simple 40cm of 3mm cord with a loop at both ends ! As a stop-gap repair waiting for the 'gold-plated' part, I used a 50cm-length of paracord with a 'non slip loop' fishing knot at both end.

Samsung parts story is in complete contrast with other manufacturer such as Maytag, GE, etc that offer complete parts lists and reasonable prices for them, with a decent network of 3rd-party parts providers. Shame on you, Samsung.

The bottom line: if you buy Samsung kitchen appliances, be ready for barely documented replacement parts, hardly available at price-gouging level.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.