Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doubletheoven  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2022 5:19:46 AM(UTC)
Doubletheoven

Groups: Registered

Good morning,

I just found this site via a quick Google search and was hoping someone could help us out.

In the middle of Thanksgiving prep yesterday the top oven in our electric, double stack went out. It's an old GE wall model whose serial number suggests it was built in either 1980 or 1992. The bottom still works perfectly.

There was an incident that may have led to it. One of the cooks wasn't familiar with the oven and was shoving something into it that didn't fit right before it went out. Now, there is a wire sticking out the toward the top and front of the right wall of the bottom oven (which again still works perfectly) that has a frayed far end and isn't connected to anything now. I can't find anything it might connect to other than a hole it could enter. It would be surprising if there was a current carrying wire running through the oven along the top right edge there, but what do I know?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this before I dig into it as I'm not very experienced with repair.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give!

Edited by user Friday, November 25, 2022 5:22:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.