Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klandingham  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2022 7:05:45 AM(UTC)
klandingham

Groups: Registered

I have a pretty old electric oven stored in my basement. The oven emitted a terrible odor (baked mouse pee?) whenever I tried to use it.

After a bit of research I learned that I likely had to replace the oven insulation. Opening it up, I saw that mice had sure enough gotten in there and had made a nest in the oven insulation just under the burner panel. So I ordered insulation here. I have the parts (note plural, see below) and the oven is disassembled and ready, but have some questions.

1. When I looked up the part for the top & sides insulation, I saw two other part numbers that were commonly ordered as a set, so I got all three. I'm ready to install the top/sides insulation, but where do the other insulation parts go? I can't find them in any exploded view, nor can I find any videos about them.

2. Along with the top/side insulation, I see the oven has an additional piece that insulates the back and bottom of the oven cavity. But I don't see any way to replace that, other than completely disassembling the oven, a concept I'm not too keen on. I'm hoping that none of that insulation has been affected, but if it had been, how do you replace it?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.