Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diyrepairdishwasher  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2022 5:50:39 AM(UTC)
diyrepairdishwasher

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

We bought our home about seven years ago and it came with a dishwasher. It's never been an amazing dishwasher, but it got the job done. Recently, the drain pipe busted open and water got over our kitchen. Thankfully, that was easy to fix. However, we've noticed the dishes aren't getting clean. This happened once before, about a year ago, and all that had to be done was to clean the side filter. While fixing the drain valve, the side filter was also cleaned recently so that can't be the problem. I see the main filter in the dishwasher hasn't been replaced for as long as we've been here or about seven years. I wanted to check with folks here if it makes sense to replace that main filter as a next step or check into something else and I'll note I've read the FAQ below.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Ps. I've read the FAQ. I don't think it's a water problem as we can hear it fine. Also, possibly maybe could be a water heat problem but doubtful and not sure how to check. I'll recheck that and post back here with an update shortly. https://www.appliancepar...her-repair-help.html#top

Dishwasher maker: LG
Dishwasher model: MEZ64589004

Edit: 2022/09/30
I made sure the water temperature gets hot as the same hot water goes to our kitchen sink and both pipes are controlled by the same valve. So that can't be it either.

Adding some images as well:
Model #
Dirty dish in top row
dirty dish

Edited by user Friday, September 30, 2022 6:04:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.