Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhunsing  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:59:56 PM(UTC)
dhunsing

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE refrigerator (ESS25LRBSS) that leaks in the water/ice dispenser area with the water traveling down the inside of the freezer door wiring harness and water line and slowly dripping on the floor.

I thought the problem was the ice flapper door issue described on this site but I replaced that part and when I had everything opened up on the freezer door I could tell pretty clearly that didn't seem to be the issue. When I got the kick plate off of the bottom of the fridge I could also tell the issue was not the water line union connector that's right by (but below) where I could see water dripping down the wiring/water line.

It looks like water is slowly dripping from the end of the water dispenser outlet to the drip tray and then finding a way to the ground from there.

Could this be a leaky water dispenser solenoid? If so, where is that solenoid?

(I found that water was INSIDE the wiring harness while solving another problem where the ice/water dispenser would occasionally stop working. The symptom I had was that you could select ice or water on the control panel and activate the dispenser and the ice or water light would turn off for a second and light back up, but nothing else happened. THAT fix was mentioned somewhere else on this site, I believe, but was hard to find. The fix for me was to remove the kick plate and cut out the corroded electrical connector, where I found water had gotten inside the harness itself. As the other person described one of the wires had come loose and was intermittently shorting. I cut out the connector and soldered/shrink tube wrapped everything and the dispenser works again. Adding this here in case it helps anybody in the future.)

THANKS in advance! - Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.