Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djsource  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 12:24:54 PM(UTC)
djsource

Groups: Registered
United States

I purchased a second hand coca cola branded Imbera VR12 for our basement. Beautiful looking fridge and the perfect size for our entertainment room. Nice LED lights and small footprint, the thermostat has motion sensing that even runs the unit less often when not detecting lots of use which I love.

Here's the issue - The compressor is SO LOUD! When then internal roof-mounted evaporator fan runs, the noise is as expected and reasonable. And naturally when both compressor and evap are off the unit is dead quiet. However, the unit's compressor (in the bottom) is running significantly loud, to the point you have to raise your voice to talk over it. The cooling system seems to run it for around 3-4 minutes to hold 36 degrees, every 15 minutes. Temperature is holding well. There's also a very loud whine / rattle for around 10 seconds at the start of every compressor cycle, if I didn't know better is was the beginning of the coolant running into the lines. This eventually stops but the compressor continues to run LOUD, I don't have a decibel meter to measure but it sort of is the level of when you run a portable air compressor and it's filling up.

What I'm wondering is if this is just normal for a commercial fridge not meant to be in your home basement. Or, if there is something that can be done to quiet the unit. I'd send a video or audio sample but it doesn't seem to translate that well to that format.

https://www.coca-colapar...amp;op=pdf&model=530
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.