Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G.1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 7:59:45 PM(UTC)
G.1

Groups: Registered

GE PTS25LBMARBB started to have some issues cooling, so new relay, capacitor, and overload protection did the trick. Sort of...
Cleaned up the condensor, and the fan seemed solid.

Ran well for a while, then the evap fan started it's death rattle, so I replaced the fan, temp sensor, defrost thermostat, and the control board with the WR55x10942.

Right away, I plugged it in to verify things were "OK" before full reassembly of all of the plasticware. The exaporator fan would start and spin for a second, then stop. A minute of so later, it would try again with the same results - spin for a little bit longer, then stop. After 3-4 tries, the fan would get going and run, blowing air at what seemed like full force. Note this was a bone-dry evaporator at this time - no frost.
I put the plasticware back in, and it is working. It STILL MAINTAINS THE TEMPS.
Since hard-starting fans don't usually repair themselves, I ordered a different brand (OEM?) fan and installed that one when it came in.
Same issue.

Bottom line RIGHT NOW: I have a "working fridge" as far as temps go. The Evap fan has a VERY hard time starting, and it's getting worse. I am getting some stalactites from the lightbulb plasticware (a few mm at most) that never used to be there. The freezer makes whining noises when it tries to start the fan, and the updated control board is beeping at me with more and more frequency. There are several tones coming out of the control board. One sounds like the US Emergency Broadcast System initial tone, so it scares my daughter, which is kinda fun. The other tones are lower in frequency (Hz, not occurance). I counted 3 different tones today.

Fan voltages were fine when I installed it.

It makes lots of other noises now too, but nothing constant or consistent. A bang here, a pop there.

So, my question is, do you think I need new ice cube trays? ;)

Seriously, any help and guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.