Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Yari  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2022 1:48:47 PM(UTC)
Yari

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello,

I have a GE Refrigerator approx. 4 years old - Bottom freezer. Over the last 6 weeks I have encountered the all to familiar situation where the freezer portion of the refrigerator remains cold while the upper portion is warm. The partition between the freezer area and the upper portion gets icy frost. I defrosted (unplugged) the refrigerator for 24 hours (completely dry) and it worked for about one week until it returned to "cold/warm" state. I tried this process again for 36 hours again and it worked for about 10 days until it returned to the current problematic state.

I understand the problems that can be associated with this. Evaporator fan, coils, heater, thermistor etc. However I am having a very difficult time accessing this area for these parts. Online they show videos of people opening their fridge undoing screws, taking parts off making it look so easy. However, my problem is I do not see any screws that can be taken off that will allow me to access these parts. I have a good indication what area these parts are located in the back of refrigerator through the front of the refrigerator.

Somehow, should I be able to access these parts on the bottom portion of the freezer or am I just missing something. Perhaps missing handyman acumen?

Any comments/help much appreciated, Sincerely.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.