Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HopelessNKY  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2022 3:00:04 PM(UTC)
HopelessNKY

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Conservator by Crosley top load washer. When turning on the machine to wash a load of clothes it will fill with water for 8 seconds then start agitating. No matter what cycle or water temperature you put it on it will do this. There is no water in the wash tub. For the longest time when spinning the clothes, it would bang and bounce around well I finally figured out when the tub basically fell on one side that the suspension rods were bad and needed replaced which I have done now. It had started messing up filling with water previously to me fixing the rods, so I don't think me replacing the rods had anything to do with the problem I am now facing.
I have watched some you tube videos and have cleaned my inlet valve filters. The cold-water filter was pretty bad, but the hot water was not bad at all. That did not seem to help the problem, now I am at a loss on what to try and fix now and I can't afford to replace the machine or even have it repaired by someone who actually knows what they are doing, so I am kind of on my own in the repair of my machine (with the help of my daughter) who is as clueless as I am.
The most recent video you I have watched and tried was calibrating the machine which did not help the problem either. I did get my volt/ohm multimeter today and tried to test the Continuity on the inlet valve. I'm not real sure that I done it right my inlet valve does not look like the ones on the youtube videos. I took it off the machine and according to the directions on the meter I got an 866 on the hot water side and it didn't read anything on the cold water side. Could this be the problem or do I need to test other things first. The part is going to run me about $60.00 I certainly don't want to replace that part if it is not the part that I need.
I do know how to put the machine in the test cycle and get the codes but have no idea what they mean even with the book that I found down inside the machine.
If there is any help at all that you could suggest to me would you please do so I sure do appreciate it as I can't afford to do the process of elimination until I find the problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.