Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nwr251  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2022 4:23:08 PM(UTC)
nwr251

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

Is anyone able to tell me if my Maytag washer is filling with enough water? I'm concerned with the "lack" of water and how rough it may be on my clothes. My old washer doesn't work anymore and so my sister gave me hers that she replaced with a brand new one. Overall this washer is in great shape and it never gave my sister any issues.

The washer doesn't have an option to set the load size. Instead it automatically senses the size and is supposed to add the appropriate amount of water. I've never used an impeller washer before and I'm aware that they use less water compared to a traditional washer but it seems like it's not filling to where it should.

When you press start:

1. It'll spin the basket 2 to 3 times then starts filling with water.
2. Then after about 3 minutes it stops filling and starts agitating with the light indicator saying it's still sensing.
3. After about a minute, it stops agitating and starts filling with water again.
4. Finally, the light indicator switches from sensing to washing and starts agitating again.

Model #: Maytag MVWX500XW2

I recorded the wash cycle to show how low the water level is and included the link below.

http://youtube.com/shorts/XNNAxj1Xrjs

Thank you in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.