Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emilclintoc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 8:36:58 AM(UTC)
emilclintoc

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I'm writing this as I'm a bit confused on the correct defrost heater to use for my parents refrigerator. The old one and original one was a one bulb heater WX51X10055, when I replaced it the first time I used the same one. It has burned out again and this time I saw that GE and some local suppliers were telling me the part should be the two bulb one, WR51X10042. APP calls for the 12" single bulb like I purchased before, but also has a double bulb 9" option WR51X10101, assuming for ones that came with the 2 9" bulbs. My fear in getting the 9" 2 bulb option kit was whether the bracket would fit as the original was 12". So I went ahead and purchased the single 12" bulb again and installed it.

I'm thinking to order and install the 12" double bulb that GE calls for as the correct part for it. I'm assuming it's an improved version, but with that don't know if I should take the blue wire to right side and jump it on left side and use both bulbs or I could just use as is with connecting to one bulb at a time and if that burns I have the other as a spare to use. I'm a bit confused on the right one to use.

I even called GE but the lady I spoke to told me they don't have a technical support line...If anyone knows any different let me know.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

Edited by user Tuesday, July 12, 2022 8:39:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.