Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pcmurphy101  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2022 8:19:22 AM(UTC)
pcmurphy101

Groups: Registered
United States

I moved into a new house and I have a Maytag MDB4949SKB which displayed the dreaded F9 E1 error code which indicates a clogged drain line after using the unit the second time. I saw standing water in the bottom which I vacuumed out with a wet/dry vac. I pulled the unit and checked the drain line which is clean. The filter was checked and is clean. The drain line itself is longer that the standard line but appears to be installed properly.

I performed the installation check after reinstalling it and it runs fine and I can hear it draining at the end of the short cycle. I ran a quick wash cycle with the unit empty and that ran fine so I ran a second quick wash empty which then popped the F9 E1 error again and there is water in the bottom. I drained that a second time with the vac and ran a installation check and again I hear it drain. I am afraid that the next quick wash empty will see the same issue. The only issue I see is that there was suds in the unit and coming out of the sink drain after the first quick wash.

I am thinking it could be the computer or the pump or does anyone have any suggestions where to start?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.