Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zea3  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 1:48:00 PM(UTC)
zea3

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a double wall oven original to my house that was built in 1970. The wire snapped off the temperature sensor while the oven was being cleaned. I cannot locate a part for this oven, so I'm either trying to find a part or an outside the box repair to keep it usable for a while. The model number is J C25005HT.

Possible solutions I've thought of so far:
Replace the broken baking element in the bottom oven to make one working oven. I can't find a new part for that either so I would have to take the 15 year old element from the top oven and put it in the bottom oven.

Pull the oven out of the wall to access the connection for the bottom oven temperature sensor and try to move it to the top oven.

Cut the wire to the bottom oven temperature sensor and splice it to the wire in the upper oven to move a probe from the bottom oven to the top oven.

Moving the oven to access the back and sides will be difficult and I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. I do not have the means to replace the ovens at this time.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.