Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RyWiRyan  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2022 6:39:01 PM(UTC)
RyWiRyan

Groups: Registered
United States

Good evening folks. Thought I'd try and use some great crowd sourcing for my washer issue. I'll try and be brief and concise.

Kenmore Series 500 110

Model # 110. 25132411

Serial # C61440196

Initial problem: Drive hub gears disintegrated and impeller just moved freely in bottom of barrel. Fixed that issue with new drive hub gear assembly and that fixed the initial problem.

However, I read where one needs to 'recalibrate' the system of one changes anything with the washer so I did that. It didn't seem to go through the entire process before stopping. At least it wasn't as long as the videos I watched to learn how to 'recalibrate'. I even tried the one where wash, rinse, and complete were all lit to get it out of 'store mode'. It didn't work either.

I tried to 'drain and spin' the little water in there from the short 'recalibration' session and that did seem to work fine, drained, spun, lid locked (red light on), etc.

I thought I'd give it a try and wash a small load of hand towels and at first, it seemed okay, 'sensing' was lit, and water was filling the drum. However, and this is where my problem is, it just stopped. Not sure if it was after 'sensing' how much water was needed, or if it just stopped on its own, but it seems that it happens right before the wash is supposed to start. The red light goes out and towels are just sitting in water. I did NOT have this issue, or any other issue aside from the drive hub, prior to replacing the drive hub.

I even put it in 'diagnostic mode' to see if there were any 'errors' recorded, and there were NO ERRORS registering.

So there it is in a nutshell... replaced drive hub and now it won't complete the wash...

I don't mind calling in a technician... I was just trying the forum here before the minimum $109 to come out just to tell me it's a 'button thing'....

Thanks so much in advance to anyone willing to help out...

Ryan

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.