Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bdcs64  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 2:40:33 PM(UTC)
bdcs64

Groups: Registered

My trusty old Kenmore series 70 washer Model # 110.91278100 stopped mid-cycle and is not re-starting. During a load of laundry yesterday the washer filled and agitated for the first wash cycle but did not drain (or move on to the rinse cycle).

I noticed a slight burnt smell at the time.

I tried re-starting the machine at different points/cycles, it made a buzzing, but it did not start. Eventually the buzzing stopped but washer still did not start.

Today, the water has gone down. But still when I try to start the machine, it the buzzing sound is back - it seems to be coming from the bottom where the capacitor and motor are - and it still doesn't start (or fill or drain).

The lid switch seems to click as always. I replaced the lid switch, motor couplers, and timer in Nov. 2021.

Based on what I have read in other posts I am thinking it might be the capacitor, motor, or motor starter switch? I am asking for advice for:

1) What would be the best order to troubleshoot the capacitor, motor, and motor starter switch?

2) What is the best method to test the capacitor, motor, and motor starter switch to tell which part is faulty (before buying)?

3) Best method to get the remaining water out of the machine?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.