Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
z-vap  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 5:33:58 AM(UTC)
z-vap

Groups: Registered

I had another issue posted, that was diagnosed to be a problem with the Cold Control not regulating the temp. After replacing that, the fridge is now keeping my food cold.

However before this, the ice cubes would melt and drip about half a cup of water into the ice cube section of the door. I would put a cup under it to catch the water ever couple of hours, but this did not help when I was sleeping or away at work, so there'd be more water every so often. In hindsight I probably should have taken the ice cube basin out of the freezer entirely.

After replacing the cold control, and the fridge is keeping cold, I soon noticed that when I put a cup under to get some ice-cubes, that it did not turn on to do the dispensing of the ice. The water side of the door does indeed work, so that is good.

I checked to see if there was ice buildup under the ice bucket inside. After cleaning off the ice, and reseating the bucket it still did not work. The arm inside the bucket does spin if turned manually, but there is no 'motor' sound at all when depressing the cup-switch to turn on the ice dispenser.

Could there be ice somewhere else? Or could something have shorted out?

Edited by user Monday, March 21, 2022 5:36:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added note about water still works and bucket arm

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.