Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe C  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2022 11:17:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So I have this 20 year old model fridge, that I noticed recently would drip water out of the Ice Dispenser. At first I thought the condenser was not coming on so I thought I may need a run capacitor, but I noticed if i turn the fridge knob to off then back on it would kick on.

If I left everything as is, it would not kick on again. About two or three times a day I would come by and turn off the fridge and back on to get the condenser to kick on again.

Today I noticed that when i moved the knob the condenser did not kick on, and I am noticing more ice melting in the ice dispenser.

My first guess is the Cold Control WP2198202 / AP6006166, but not sure.

Is there anything I should try checking?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2022 2:48:36 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks, I will try picking up the Cold Control and giving it a try.

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2022 2:49:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

z-vap  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2022 8:08:28 AM(UTC)
z-vap

(note: I am the Joe C from above. Didn't realize I had already registered from before)

I just had a chance to get this replaced. I've been fiddling with the controls day after day to keep it running.

The hardest part of this whole procedure is getting the actual plastic tube back on the new control. The video said to not kink the tube, and man did i put a serious bend on the tube at one point, while trying to get this damn tube back on. But I wouldn't say it was an actual "kink" and I think i was able to straighten it afterwards.

Another issue was when I unpackaged the new control, the electrical connectors are in different places, but it looked like the front one was bent slightly upwards, and the back one was bend slightly downwards. I assumed that was to reflect the front was was the 'upper' connector, and the back one was the 'lower' connector.

After getting everything screwed back in place, I turned on the fridge, and it turned on straight away. Also when I cycled the second knob to off and back on, the fridge did turn off and on. So I think i guess correctly :)

I think at this point I just need to monitor the fridge and see if it hold the same temperature as it did before. I will update again after a few days.

Edited by user Saturday, March 19, 2022 8:10:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

z-vap  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 5:19:46 AM(UTC)
z-vap

OK this is holding temperature very well. Cold Control did the trick!! Thanks for the assist.

However I think i may have created a new issue. Now that the freezer is holding temp, I notice the door is not dispensing ice-cubes, which I will start a new thread on.

Thanks again

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply