Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
limitedreality  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2021 5:49:52 AM(UTC)
limitedreality

Groups: Registered
United States

We have a Frigidaire FGMC2766UFC that was purchased 12/11 of 2020. 2 days ago I set the oven to self clean and it set off the smoke detector. So I have my wife and kids screaming to make it stop, can't figure out what setting on the oven to make it stop and run downstairs and just flip the breaker off and back on. The oven resumes where it left off on clean mode so I ran back down and shut the breaker off again and left it off for a few minutes. I reset it about an hour later and find that it will now no longer heat. Microwave works fine, oven lights up, just doesn't heat.

I pulled out the oven today, removed the back cover and looked for a push button thermal fuse. Couldn't find one on the back of the oven like I've seen on videos online. I did find a busman fuse that appeared to run from the power block so I tried replacing that fuse, but that didn't resolve the problem. I also replaced the 50amp breaker and the issue persists.

Does anyone know if this unit has a thermal fuse, and if so, where it is? I've tried several appliance shops and nobody is open christmas eve and I'm dying to fix this in time for Christmas.

Can anyone help? Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.