Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmatus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2021 3:42:53 AM(UTC)
kmatus

Groups: Registered
United States

My Maytag Refrigerator MSS26C6MFZ00 Has stopped producing ice cubes. Yes, the switch has been set to "on" inside the freezer. It's not a water problem because the fridge still delivers water. The Ice Maker Assembly W10873791 is one complete unit. I've noticed that the "arm" that is supposed to drop into the ice bucket as an indicator when NOT to make ice, is in the up position, telling the ice maker not to make new ice. I cannot force it down. So, I ordered and replaced with a complete new Ice Maker Assembly. But, I noticed it has the same problem, i.e., that the arm never drops. It appears maybe that this only drops when the unit is powered? Does anyone think that maybe the ON/OFF switch (inside the freezer for the ice maker) is bad? Before I spend another ~$30 (I'm already in at $128 for the ice maker assembly), does anyone have an idea how to check this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kmatus  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 10:33:59 AM(UTC)
kmatus

United States

Well, I think this fridge has beaten me. I tried shorting out the connection where the ON/OFF switch installs, thinking this would tell the freezer to make ice cubes. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. The arm that should drop into the ice tray remains locked in the horizontal position. It's clear that the ice maker mechanism is not being powered. Something inside the electronics is not sending out that voltage. I'm stuck with no automatically made cubes.
#3 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2024 10:42:14 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The door needs a new wiring harness. It has a engineering flaw where the wire is broken at the lower hinge.
Wiring harness is not available and needs a complete door replacement.$1000 plus. My refrigerator caught on fire at this spot.