Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tcnine  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 9:21:51 AM(UTC)
tcnine

Groups: Registered
United States

My Kenmore top load washing machine, model number 796.29272001 top loading has been getting an intermittent FE code when using it. We have been able to power it down then back on and restart to wash but recently it also leaked. It may have been leaking every time and we never noticed. Apparently the cause can be the inlet water valve, the pressure switch, a blockage in the hose from the tub to the pressure switch, or something else.
I removed the hose from the pressure switch at the switch's inlet and blew into it and it is difficult to blow air into the tub. Not impossible but similar to blowing up a balloon. If I also remove the hose at the tub it blows freely. So a problem may be the chamber that fills with water has a partial blockage. The chamber seems to be integral with exterior tub and it doesn't look like it can be removed. How would I go about cleaning the blockage? I've poured hot water down the hose into the chamber but that hasn't seemed to help.
I will attempt to run a continuity test on the switch itself although my usage of a ohm meter is spotty at best.
Also caught my eye was a hose clamp on the inlet water valve was rusted but when I ran the machine though a cycle there was no water leaking witnessed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.