Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonVahsholtz  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 9:11:15 PM(UTC)
JonVahsholtz

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-Air 9900BAB19 stove. The right front element had been acting kind of flakey, sometimes refusing to turn on both the inner and the outer elements when trying to use the maximum heating. I bought a new infinite switch, part # W10185286, and installed it with no trouble. The element seems to work perfectly now. Except I hear a clicking noise coming from that infinite switch even when the range is turned off, and has been off for hours.

The clicking sounds exactly like the sound it makes when the element is turning on/off. I can put my ear right up next to the front panel control knob that you rotate to turn the element on/off and the sound is definitely coming from right behind it, where the new infinite switch is located. I'm guessing it is a bi-metallic strip that is moving and opening and closing a circuit? But it is doing it even when the element is turned off and is dead cold. It makes the noise mostly randomly. It drives my wife crazy as the stove will be clicking away in the kitchen when nobody is in there doing anything.

The old switch never made this noise. Is the new infinite switch just defective and I should return it and try a different one?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.