Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mr. Bear  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 2:24:12 PM(UTC)
Mr. Bear

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model 66515119K211 (which has been the best $200 dishwasher ever). Recently, the dishwasher began stopping mid-cycle, or alternatively, won't start. I assumed it had something to do with the door latch sensor, and tried clamping the door shut to get improved switch contact. Voila! The dishwasher runs whenever the door is clamped tight. Problem solved ... but not really, because who wants to have to clamp the door closed every time you want to run the dishwasher?

Here's where things get weird. To verify this was actually the problem before ordering a new latch/sensor, I opened up the door panel, confirmed door latch sensor continuity, and taped the sensor switch in the closed position, so that it should constantly relay as though the door is firmly latched.

I ran the dishwasher with the switch taped shut but left the door unclamped, and, once again, it stopped mid-cycle. According to all of the parts diagrams, there is only one sensor for the door.

So now I ask, if it's not a matter of the door sensor switch, why won't my dishwasher run without the door being clamped shut? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.