Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
metalman33  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2021 11:49:11 AM(UTC)
metalman33

Groups: Registered
United States

I was able to get into the diagnostic mode and get the error codes out and the only code was for the door lock. i also noticed that when checking some of the functions while in service mode the door did not lock like when entering service mode. So i ordered the part and installed it. part WH01x23494. Reassembled the washer and still get the same issues and code. Tried to power off and unplug for a while and re-plug to reset the computer but no help. checked some of the power connections like the ohm readings on the new door switch and get on readings on any connectors all wires disconnected and .061 ohms ohms when the side button is pressed in as when the door would be closed when the switch is installed and the door is closed. I checked the connector that plugs into the door switch for power both when the power button is off but unit is plugged in and when the power button is on. When off there is 120 volts between the orange/black #3 and red / white #1 wires /switch pin positions. There is 54 volts between the red/white #1 and Orange/white #2 wires/switch positions. Orange/black #3 and Orange/White #2 has 89 volts with power off. When the power is switched on the voltage goes to
"0" on all locations / wires.

When I go into service mode and go to test location 14 to test the door lock function all I get is a "UL "display and no reaction on the door lock device. There is no "LC" display. When I go to 21 section for error codes it does give me the 011 hex code for Door Lock Error. But with a new door lock unit I do not understand the issue. Prior to ordering the new door lock I did test the old one and it was defective it would not release.

At this point I do not know where else to look. I believe the door lock is good. I am a little confused with the voltage readings at all the contacts at the same time with the power button off. Hopefully these symptoms might stir someone's memories into something they encountered that will send me in the right direction.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.