Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
botemon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 10:07:48 AM(UTC)
botemon

Groups: Registered
Dominican Republic

Hi Folks!
I am in need of some technical support for my GE Dishwasher Model: GDT580SGF7WW. I am an electrician and a retired electrical engineer so I have a few smarts left!
The dishwasher has been in flawless use for approximately 6 years with regular cleaning maintenance. It’s a great machine!
Problem: WITHOUT initiating a “cycle start” (control panel Push Button), as soon as the door is closed, the water valve energizes, the dishwasher fills with water and overflows on to the floor. This can be stopped by opening the door, or unplugging the dishwasher, or disconnecting the “normally closed” water inlet valve wire connector.
If I start a dishwasher cycle normally, the dishwasher will operate properly throughout a complete cycle. At the end of the cycle, after the “complete chime” sounds, the water valve energizes and fills the unit and over flows on the floor. (the drain pump works fine).
I removed the “Flood switch” (?) under the filter on the bottom of the tub, by removing the two retaining screws and unplugging the wire harness connector. The flood switch was full of scale and “gunk” and I soaked it in vinegar and cleaned it. I re-installed the flood switch and tested the unit with the same results. I also ran a “continuity check” on the flood switch harness wiring and it all checked out OK.
At this time I purchased a replacement flood switch and installed it.
I am still having the same results with the water inlet valve immediately energizing when the door is closed and no cycle start. Open the door, and the inlet valve shuts off.
The only thing I have left to do it to replace the MAIN BOARD. I have removed the board in the past for inspection but see no visible signs of water damage or anything else.
Before I purchase a new main board I wanted to share with you in detail what is happing with the unit.

I purchased the unit in the US and had it shipped to the Dominican Republic 6 years ago. I have no idea if I can get service here in the country. I doubt it!!
Thank you in advance for any support you may offer, and your prompt attention is greatly appreciated!!!
Respectfully,
Ken
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.