Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Datagg  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 6:10:49 AM(UTC)
Datagg

Groups: Registered
United States

Anyone have the issue when ice dispenser won't stop dispensing ice. What I had to do was switch quickly to water mode and it stopped. Went back to ice and it began dispensing again. Back to water and it stopped. Ok, went outside and flipped breaker. Waited 5 minutes turned back on and water on its own began to dispense. Wife quickly opened door to get it to stop. While door opened, switch back to ice, closed door, ice maker began on own again, so switched back to water and ice dispenser stopped.

Water isn't pouring out either. Turned on child lock to prevent hopefully from this thing from working preventing disaster. Sorry for the long post, but what in the heck is going on. Switch stuck? .. Hopefully someone can explain what in the heck is going on and how to fix. Thank you for your time and help.

Quick video of issue.

https://onedrive.live.co...p;parId=root&o=OneUp

Edited by user Wednesday, October 13, 2021 7:00:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Notification

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 7:59:02 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Might be a stuck switch. Usually you can hear a very soft click when you activate it. Part 10-6 I think.

https://www.appliancepar...rf263beaesg-aa-0000.html
Datagg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 8:15:11 AM(UTC)
Datagg

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Might be a stuck switch. Usually you can hear a very soft click when you activate it. Part 10-6 I think.

https://www.appliancepar...rf263beaesg-aa-0000.html

Thanks. Is taking off panel easy to do.. Don't think I hear that click when pressed. Odd thing is, when it's on water it won't disperse water, unless I power down unit, start again then water flows without activating. Then quickly open door, switch back to ice, then close door, then back to water and that's it. No water, but then if I want ice I switch to ice, then back to water to shut off. You'd think water dispenser would work, yet it doesn't. Really worried on taking it apart, yet money tonight for service. What would you do to investigate it further. Thanks so much for the help...

Edited by user Wednesday, October 13, 2021 8:15:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply