Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ddrow  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 9:17:54 AM(UTC)
ddrow

Groups: Registered
United States

Whirlpool freezer inlet tube frozen. Yesterday morning my ice maker was frozen up. After checking I notice the inlet tube was frozen and ice was also frozen at the end of the tube going into the ice tray. I removed the ice maker and thawed everything. Reinstalled and it was working fine. Several batches of ice ran through the night. Wake up this morning and tube is frozen again. The level of the ice seemed normal so it didn't look like it had overflowed. No water was leaking in the ice bucket. Solid ice from the inlet tube to the where the ice tray fills up. Sorry I don't know the correct name for the different parts. Refrigerator was purchased new several years ago and this is the second ice maker assembly. The first one had a leak in the ice tray. Please help.
Thank you
David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 1:09:04 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm guessing here, but I think your water valve is "weeping". At night the water pressure usually increases, people are asleep and not showering, watering their lawns, or doing laundry. So the water pressure goes up and if the seals in the valve are weak, that's when its going to leak or weep. That's my guess at this point.
ddrow  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 8:06:15 AM(UTC)
ddrow

Groups: Registered
United States

I did keep the fridge turned off after thawing out again and the inlet tube is slowly dripping. I have ordered an new valve and will see if this solves the issue.
Thank you for your response.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2021 7:15:16 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
That took care of the dripping but now the water is splashing into the ice bucket. Just a little but enough to clump ice together. It looks like it is splashing against the plastic guard. Is there a way to reduce the water pressure coming in? Do I have any other options?

Thank you
David
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply