Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stahlmaster  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2021 6:54:13 AM(UTC)
Stahlmaster

Groups: Registered

Last night I noticed the fridge was at 64 degrees (I have a after market digital thermometer) so I visited this site and removed the inside back panel of the bottom freezer. The coils were iced up restricting flow to the fridge. The fan is running and the damper door in the fridge is open. I defrosted the freezer and put everything back together. It's Labor Day today so the chance of getting any parts was nil. What should I check first, second etc.? I have the empty fridge on now and the temp in the fridge is at 44 after 45 minutes. I have a feeling the "defrost timer" is the issue but I'm not sure where that is located. It does have the electronic temp controls which means a printed circuit board for the temp settings. Is this timer part of the electronics? I know I'll need to check the defrost timer, heating element, defrost thermostat. Did I miss anything? What is the best way to check these items? Any help would be great.
Thanks

Edited by user Monday, September 6, 2021 2:26:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Stahlmaster  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2021 8:00:43 AM(UTC)
Stahlmaster

After 2 hours the temp in the fridge is 34 degrees. I have it set on 4, same as the freezer. I have not heard the fridge "shut off". How long should it run before shutting off? How long before it goes into "defrost mode? Thanks
Stahlmaster  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2021 1:41:22 PM(UTC)
Stahlmaster

Found the problem.
I started to clean the fins under and around the refrigerator (lot of dog hair) when I saw a plastic bag stuck above the fins in the front/left side. I got a pair of long needle nose plyers and pulled it out. GAME CHANGER!! it is the factory spec sheet that shows, step by step, how to check the various components of the refrigerator. I read them over 3 or 4 times before starting. To make a long story short, all the components check out OK according to the sheet. I know the PASS/OPEN test is not 100% accurate on the thermistors but I'm confident that the "JAZZ" board is the issue. We did have a power outage a few days ago but I pulled the main circuit breaker when the power went out and waited for power to be restored (2 hours) before turning it back on. When I got back from work the next day the clocks in the house were flashing so I knew we had power interrupted. This MAY have caused the JAZZ board to go bad. I have everything back together and will keep an eye on things until the new board comes in.
Stahlmaster  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 2:42:06 PM(UTC)
Stahlmaster

I'm guessing the issue with the board is one or both of the "Omron" relays. I got the numbers and will remove the old ones and replace them with new ones. Really not much to go wrong with these boards. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply