Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nick  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 10:28:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yesterday we came back from vacation and discovered our LG DLGX5102V gas dryer was no longer heating up during the drying cycle. We had a house-sitter, but I believe the dryer was unused for the past week. Things I've tried:
-took off the top and front, opened up the blower, and cleaned *everything* (including the surfaces of all thermostats/sensors)
-pushed the reset button on the high-limit thermostat (never got a click sound, but confirmed it travels all the way down)
-tested the high-limit thermostat for continuity (it has continuity) and resistance (0 ohms)
-tested the burner tube thermostat for continuity (it has continuity) and resistance (0 ohms)
-tested the sensor assembly on the burner tube for continuity (it has continuity) and resistance (0 ohms)
-tested the blower thermostat for continuity (it has continuity) and resistance (0 ohms)
-tested the blower thermistor for resistance (10.3 ohms @ room temperature)
-disconnected from the vent hose and did a test run
-pulled out the internal duct assembly and confirmed it is not clogged
-turned on the gas stove to confirm that there is gas coming into the house (there is)
-ran through the built-in heat test on the dryer - no error codes were reported, and no heat was generated. The "Flow Sense" light turned on partway through the test.
-checked the gas line to the unit for kinks - there are none
-ran through a "Smart Sense" using the LG diagnostic app on my phone - it successfully told me that the dryer wasn't drying well (great!), and told me to clean out the lint trap, etc., which I've already done. The dryer is the cleanest it has been since we bought the house.

Is there anything else I can check? I really don't want to pay to have it diagnosed and repared. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.