Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gossamer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2021 5:07:09 AM(UTC)
gossamer

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, I'm a relatively technical user and am capable of following technical directions and replacing parts.

I have a Kitchenaid KDTM354DSS4 that doesn't fully drain. After the cycle ended, there was still water inside of the dishwasher that hadn't fully drained.

I manually drained all the water out of the bottom of the dishwasher, then disconnected the hoses from the drain and the drain pump, and was able to blow air through - the hose is not blocked. There was quite a bit of soap build-up, but nothing I saw that was especially obstructive that I believe would have prevented the dishwasher from draining properly.

I then started a "cancel drain" cycle, where I can see the impeller spinning inside of the drain motor. It sounds normally once it starts spinning.

Is it possible the drain motor works, but is not sufficient to completely drain the dishwasher?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.