Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcdwyer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2021 10:48:09 AM(UTC)
dcdwyer

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Thermador SGCV36G gas cooktop. All four burners ignite properly (and immediately) but on two of the burners (back L and front R)the igniter continues to click (and spark) for 15 to 40 seconds even after the flame on the burner is lit. This seems to be temperature related -- if I turn the affected burner off once the clicking ceases and then immediately turn the burner on again it does not click repeatedly after ignition. However, once the burner is turned off and allowed to cool down the problem recurs. I've carefully cleaned around the igniter pins and also cleaned the burner caps (making sure all of the holes are patent). I've recently had the spark module replaced (when the old one failed suddenly none of the burners would light), but this is an issue preceding the installation of the new spark module, although it seemed to have temporarily resolved for a couple of days after the new spark module was installed. Any suggestions for problem solving? Many thanks -- David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dcdwyer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 2:02:23 PM(UTC)
dcdwyer

United States

I'll repost here hoping that one of the forum's knowledgeable members might read my post. I'm still continuing to have the same problem with my Thermador gas cooktop burners (as indicated in my initial post). This seems to be temperature related. Once a burner is lit and the ignitor stops clicking I can immediately re-ignite the burner and it only clicks once and ignites right away. However, if I let the burner cool down for a couple of hours the problem recurs: the burner ignites right away but the igniter keeps clicking away (and sparking" for about 30 seconds before it stops. How do I fix this? Thanks!
cokefirst  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 2:44:29 PM(UTC)
cokefirst

I am having the same problem, I have the second bank of burners. front and rear, the burners light right away but the igniter continues to spark until the burners are turned off. this is Thermador PC486GE I have cleaned the area around the burner but whatever tells the igniter that the burner is lit is not sending that information back. This is the same on both burners in the bank, The other two banks of burners are working normally. what would make this happen?
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 5:49:50 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same problem here!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply