Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joea99  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 6:42:30 AM(UTC)
joea99

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Quietpartner II DU960PWKS1 over 10 years old. Been working fine. Last night there was a storm and lost power. Has happened lots of times before.

Started a load this morning, seemed to be fine, but later found it with blinking lights - Normal Wash, SaniRinse, Wash, about once per second.

There was hot water in the pan, detergent door was open. Cancel/Drain affected the lights briefly but nothing else.

Turned off breaker, waited, turned it on. Cancel/Drain did engage the drain and emptied the washer and eventually, it stopped. However, attempting to start the load again, returned to the blinking lights, with no other action, not even filling. So, turned off the breaker again, to await enlightenment.

Suggestions? Better to just get a new unit, at this age?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 22, 2021 6:43:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

joea99  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:08:26 AM(UTC)
joea99

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: joea99 Go to Quoted Post
Whirlpool Quietpartner II DU960PWKS1 over 10 years old. Been working fine. Last night there was a storm and lost power. Has happened lots of times before.

Started a load this morning, seemed to be fine, but later found it with blinking lights - Normal Wash, SaniRinse, Wash, about once per second.

There was hot water in the pan, detergent door was open. Cancel/Drain affected the lights briefly but nothing else.

Turned off breaker, waited, turned it on. Cancel/Drain did engage the drain and emptied the washer and eventually, it stopped. However, attempting to start the load again, returned to the blinking lights, with no other action, not even filling. So, turned off the breaker again, to await enlightenment.

Suggestions? Better to just get a new unit, at this age?

After a few more tests, seems this may have something to do with "over temperature".

Ran through a rinse only cycle with no problem. Did a "quick wash" and it got through the was cycle fine. When it got into Rinse cycle, the "sensing" and "heat water" also came on. It ran for what seemed like "too long" and then started blinking the lights that had been solid.

I could see "steam" coming out the vent and when I opened the door, quite a lot billowed out. Still plenty of water in the pan, but, it seemed "too hot" to me.

After a bit of puzzling, I just closed the door and, lo and behold, the lights came on solid again and it began running. A short time later, the blinking started again and it stopped.

If I leave the door open, seems like "cooling off" lets it continue.

I'm guessing there is a thermostat or thermistor that needs to be changed? The manuals I have been able to find are kind of "generic" to the base Whirlpool models, the wiring color codes do not match what I have and component placement does not match everything.

Comments, please?