Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jakesnow  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:46:23 AM(UTC)
Jakesnow

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Samsung DV36J4000GW Gas dryer that has stopped heating with no errors. If it is set to a timed cycle, high heat, it will spin but never heats at all. I don’t hear any clicks after starting it. So far I have:
Checked all vents for airflow (I actually replaced the idler last year and cleaned it all out then)
Tested the thermistor; set to 20k it reads 11.18 @72F
Tested the thermal fuse; 0 ohms
Tested High Limit thermostat - 0 ohms (can’t find the document I found on testing this one before to reassure myself but I’m pretty sure it said it should have continuity at room temp, which makes sense that it would close at high heat. Also, it rattles, is that normal?)
Tested Thermodisc (radiant control?) - 0 ohms
Tested igniter - I think it was at 106 ohms, can retest if that’s suspicious
Tested gas valve- both sides tested fine according to a YT video I saw

While I still had it halfway together, I tested the voltage going to the igniter after starting a cycle, because although there’s no good angle to see it, I don’t think the igniter is turning on. It went to. 2.2v for a quick flash (1/2 a sec?) and then stayed at 0.

While backtracking I found someone who mentioned pretty much the same issue and said there was a centrifugal switch somewhere that fixed their issue but I haven’t seen anything else about it and they didn’t say where it is. So I’ll be looking into that.

I don’t know a ton about appliances but I’m good at following instructions and troubleshooting so I didn’t think this was going to be quite such a pain. It’s now been 3 days and this morning it stormed and my roof started leaking. So the frustration is real and I’ve decided to turn to some experts.

Thanks in advance for any advice on proceeding!

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.