Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 10:09:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi all, my older relative has a Samsung RS265TDRS that hasn't been making ice for quite a while - a couple years in fact, so he has been buying ice.

Recently he noticed water pooling in the front of the fridge. I vacuumed the condensor coil and noticed a blocked refrigerator drain tube. I replaced BOTH drain tubes for the updated part (DA97-04049D).

I also replaced ice maker assembly (DA97-07549B) and still NO-ICE (getting water into the ice-maker though).

Then I saw the interior actual temperature of both the fridge/freezer aren't in-line with the display.
Freezer Display Temp: -4 F
Freezer Set Temp: -4 F
Freezer Actual Temp: 40 F

I entered the RS265 diagnostics by holding the "Lighting" and "Energy Saver" buttons for 8 seconds and there were no error codes.

I unplugged the fridge and upon reconnecting it, the displayed interior temperature is now accurate, but the fridge and freezer are both showing 38F and haven't lowered.

Should I replace fridge AND freezer temperature sensors AND the PCB? Should I check out the evaporator coils and fans for both freezer and fridge? Ohm out the temperature sensors?

Thanks for reading this drawn-out post, any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.