Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RodneyS  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 2:59:27 PM(UTC)
RodneyS

Groups: Registered
United States

GE side-by-side model GSS25KSTASS

My ice maker auger continues to run after dispensing ice. It stops if I open the freezer door. I then press the light switch on the freezer wall and the auger starts running again. I had a repair person come out and look at it. He stated that I needed to send my control panel and have it re-wired (which I did). I reinstalled the door control panel and when I hooked up the auger attachment and pressed the light switch on the freezer wall the auger started turning again. I am at a loss of what to do next.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 4:58:36 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Have you checked the switch that gets pressed when you push a glass in to get some ice? it might be stuck on or broken internally. It could be a stuck relay on the main board located on the backside of the fridge. You could try gently tapping the relays to see if it will become unstuck. Just don't break them or the board. The little black boxes are relays.

https://www.appliancepar...55x10942p-ap6048447.html
thanks 1 user thanked ThatGuy for this useful post.
RodneyS on 8/1/2021(UTC)
RodneyS  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 5:09:53 PM(UTC)
RodneyS

Groups: Registered
United States

I reinstalled the ice maker auger one more time and everything works great. The remanufactured panel on the front of the freezer side works great. I do think the relays reset themselves from not using it and trying to reconnect a second time. I was fully expecting the same issue, but it didn't and for 200 bucks our frig is grEAT!!

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Have you checked the switch that gets pressed when you push a glass in to get some ice? it might be stuck on or broken internally. It could be a stuck relay on the main board located on the backside of the fridge. You could try gently tapping the relays to see if it will become unstuck. Just don't break them or the board. The little black boxes are relays.

https://www.appliancepar...55x10942p-ap6048447.html