Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ablundon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:43:50 AM(UTC)
ablundon

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi all,

I was cleaning out my fridge this morning when all of a sudden the fridge cut out. No lights, no motor, no display panel.

I did some researched and discovered something odd. I watched a video online that suggested that if I remove the connector on J4 on the mainboard and the fridge started there is an issue with the display board. I removed J4 from the socket and indeed the fridge motor started (however the lights were still off as was the display panel).

However, I then removed the display panel. When I disconnected J4, the fridge would indeed start again. However, when I plugged in J4... the fridge would cut out again. If the issue was the display board wouldn't disconnecting the display board be the same as disconnecting J4?

When I look at the J4 connector there are two black wires in J4-1, a single red wire in J4-2 and two wires in J4-3 (one blue the other one is grey). I've confirmed that there are 3 wires heading to the control panel (blue, red and black). That leaves the extra black wire and the grey wire.

The grey wire appears to be split 4 ways... with one going to a 3 wire connector and the others going up inside the body of the fridge. If I remove the blue & grey wires from the connector and plug in J4...the fridge starts. Since the blue wire heads to the display panel I'm thinking there is a short somewhere in the grey wire circuit???

Any ideas here? Where do these grey wire go?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.