Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larsnilsen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:59:57 AM(UTC)
larsnilsen

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm hoping someone here can help me diagnose the issue I'm experiencing. Out of nowhere, my GE Refrigerator, model # gse25hshbhss, started dispensing ice by itself. The ice was flying out, faster than it would when I would have a cup underneath the dispenser. Please note, the dispenser may have been used an hour or two before the issue.

When I opened the door it would stop, if I closed it, it would start up again. I can see the flapper was open on the inside so I started to mess with the dispenser trigger and flapper and it finally stopped by itself. I then locked the dispenser features and it hasn't done it again since which has been over a day.

After further inspection and looking around online, I couldn't find my exact problem. But, I have discovered that the flapper has condensation building up around it and dripping into the dispenser pan a bit.

If I replace the flapper would resolve this issue? Would that have caused ice to dispense by itself? Could it have been the solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lars
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.