Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JerrySmith  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 1:44:34 AM(UTC)
JerrySmith

Groups: Registered
Canada

Model number in the morning or should I say in a few hours. This is an on going problem for months.

Months ago the freezer got very weak, we started moving everything out. Then the food. I decided to turn it off maybe it could be the gas, 12hrs or so later worked better but less than a month later started going weaker so we took it off for 24hrs or longer. Works for over a month. Within all this time the fridge would make a noise and turn off, similar to starting a car engine no where close being as loud but it was the ignition part. Rarely happened it does, haven't heard of it for a month. Fans work or at least the bottom, which is very very dusty. I'll be cleaning that today. I thought it could be the freon, which in Canada is very hard to get ahold of r134a cans. Found a supplier for $25 of a $5 can from the states but w\e willing to go for it and cheap dual ac manifold for $40 from amazon. Always expected to be the gas but watching a lot of videos I dont know. I could check the defrost continuity, the relay as well, the fan and if possible the heater. Before I spend $120 or so on 1 can, manifold and piercing valves I want to be sure its not the freon. Freezer makes ice but barely, its slowly happening again. I'll come back with the model number soon and some testing, hope someone can help me out because the person only has 3 cans left with 140 views.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.