Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randy457  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 9:56:28 PM(UTC)
randy457

Groups: Registered
United States

Roper RTW4440VQ2

My clothes have been coming out sopping wet from my washer and I'm trying to determine exactly what the issue is and whether or not it's repairable.

When I first checked, there was an oily mess on the clutch and it was pretty easy to turn by hand so I replaced it with a new one. After a few cycles with no improvement I took it apart and this time I found rust in the clutch, so I cleaned it and replaced the spin tube seal and the shaft seal on the tub support. The clothes still came out wet.

I read that it could be the brakes on the basket drive sticking so I replaced the basket drive - still no improvement. At that point I was getting fed up and got a donor transmission with motor from another unit that shares the same parts and now it works fine.

So it seems either the motor or transmission is to blame here, but I don't know how to go further and determine the exact cause of this issue. I'd like to repair it so that if the donor parts die on me, I have a replacement all ready to go.

The transmission and basically the entire lower portion on the inside of the cabinet had a fine oily film on it that I have since cleaned off (there was no oil puddle on the floor). The motor shaft turns freely, though it does have a slight squeal to it. The motor coupler is fine.

I know that at a certain point, the cost can make certain repairs not worth it, but I'm worried about the cleaning ability of modern washers and would prefer to keep this one going for as long as possible.

Does this sound like something that can be fixed with parts or is it too far gone to save? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 23, 2021 10:15:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.