Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Norploc  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 12:56:03 PM(UTC)
Norploc

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello,

Like the title says, the oven of my Monogram 30" dual-fuel, model ZDP304NP7SS, has stop heating.
It started gradually in the last few months by not reaching the selected temperature until this week where it stop heating completely accompanied by a smell of molten plastic.

Except for the three pairs of heating elements, everything works. The lights, fans, doorlock, display, electrodes are all OK. I have continuity on all elements.

I inspected the range relay board and found out the K14 relay was melted and burned. The printed circuit board did not seem to be dammaged. I took it to a repair shop where they replace the falty relay (with a 24VDC instead of a 18VDC!?!). After reassembly, I confirmed the relay was working as it is switching from 120V to 240V when heating was selected. And when selecting all modes of Bake, Broil, Convection, etc, I can hear the other relays clicking.

But this did not solve the problem. None of the heating elements are heating.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by user Saturday, February 27, 2021 11:46:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 12:14:15 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I looked up your board. I doubt all three elements are switched through one relay. I see there are four relays and I suspect there is one for each element. You probably have more than one bad relay and the coil voltage is important. At 24 volts it might cause problems or not become fully engaged. If you are comfortable doing live voltage checks, you could trace the 240 from the line in to the board and from the board to the elements. I suspect the problem is right at the board. Just be careful and use insulated tools.

https://www.appliancepar...b19k10061-ap4929072.html
Norploc  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 7:50:54 AM(UTC)
Norploc

Groups: Registered
Canada

Problem solved, I replace the relay board. I ordered it from PiecesReliable.ca for 205,05CAD (about 165USD). I also replace the two oxydated wires that were connected to the main relay (K14) as they carry the current for all six heating elements.

Thank you all
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply