Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kwaropay  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 9:00:51 AM(UTC)
kwaropay

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Side by Side Frigidaire. Model number is FGHS2631PF4A

Freezer is not getting cold below 32 degreees and the refrigerator side is steady at 34 degrees. I replaced the defrost thermostat hoping that was the issue. I unplugged the refigerator to reset it. I pulled the lower back panel off inside the freezer and could see the defrost heater was working.

I did notice the coil is not evenly frosted up. The top of the coil is frozen but the bottom has no frost at all. So, I guess my next step is to check the amperage on the compressor. I heard I should get about 10A on startup and then it should run normally pulling around 1A.

If it's running lower than 1 amp, it could be the compressor is failing or I have lost refrigerant.

It it's running higher than 1 amp, it could be there is some kind of restriction preventing the flow of the refrigerant.

It could also be the Compressor Relay, right?

Any other suggestions?

Edited by user Friday, January 29, 2021 5:36:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected Model number

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.