Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joejaxprops  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:13:06 PM(UTC)
joejaxprops

Groups: Registered

flame shuts of at 10 secs when cold then at about 8 secs after it warms up. I shorted the overtemp thermistor and flame will stay on until I shut it down. Let it run for as much as 40 seconds. (had the panels off while running).

Replaced thermistor and the flame still shut off at 10 sec. Checked thermistor over stove and seems to open at 230 degrees, resets at about 90 degrees.

Noticed that bracket at the end of the flame directs part of the flame straight onto the thermistor. I added a spacer to the thermistor mount to get it a little out of the flame and the flame remained lit for 17 secs.

Put the shorting jumper back on the thermistor wire, closed up the unit, and ran several loads under different settings. Measured various places of the dryer using a non-contact heat sensor during test. The heating duct never got above 150 degrees. I expect the flame should was hotter but could not get to it with the front panel on. Dryer ran much warmer (not as hot as others I've used). With high temp setting selected the burner stayed on for about 30 secs. At that point I could hear a relay on the control board switch and the flame was shut off. After the relay on the control board reset the burner would reignite. Using a lower temp setting the burner stayed on for less time.

Dryer seems to function correctly with the high temp thermistor removed from the system and its leads shorted.

I'm at a loss since this is an in-line switch and not connected to the control board. It appears having the sensor being hit directly by a portion of the flame is causing the problem of low heat and this is a design flaw. Thoughts ?

BTW - this is a 16-year old (?) dryer that came with a house I bought. I've been using it for 2 years this way and decided to fix the heating problem while in replacing the rollers and belt.

Edited by user Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:16:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.