Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
reese600  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:39:19 AM(UTC)
reese600

Groups: Registered
United States

GE GSHF3KGZBCBB bought 4/2013

I noticed 3 weeks ago that my refrigerator was running early in the morning when all is quiet and I normally don't hear it running in the morning.When I checked, the ice cream in the freezer was soft, checked temp settings and found the freezer warmer than normal.

Freezer is maintaining 18-22 degrees, set-point is -5 degrees
Refrigerator is maintaining 36-40 degrees set-point is 36 degrees

Refrigerator fans and compressor run constantly

Took apart back wall of freezer, and no ice build up on coils, looks perfect. Fan in freezer is running.

Coils at back of fridge are clean and fan is running.

Compressor is running and warm to the touch, but no where near hot, most likely warm due to the fact it has been running for 3-4 weeks now nonstop.

I did a current draw check to see if the defrost circuit was staying on,but I do not think it is, refrigerator is only drawing .8 amps of current. Defrost element should draw 8-12 amps of current.

I had a repairman tell me that it must have leaked refrigerant to cause this and to junk it, but i refuse to believe that all of a sudden, it leaked enough refrigerant to raise the temp of the freezer 25 degrees and then maintain that temp for 3 weeks.

Any ideas where to start, this is my 2nd GE refrigerator in 25 years, and now the second one to have some sort of running warm issue.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.