Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brothernature777  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 4:38:42 PM(UTC)
Brothernature777

Groups: Registered
United States

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just moved into a new house with a gas DV42H5200GW/A3 that gets warm, but not hot. Takes hours to get completely dry, no matter the load size. It is currently in pieces on the laundry room floor and assured my wife I'd have it fixed by tomorrow...

Bought a dryer cleaning kit and ran it through the length of the pipe, mostly clean. Then I foolishly assumed it was a bad thermistor and the new one and old one are both reading about 10.5k at room temp.

I've checked for continuity on the thermal fuse (component right next to thermistor) and the thermostat I believe (component on the heating tube). Both read 0. I think that's good? Thermal fuse sounds like it has a rattle to it, but I would imagine it wouldn't read 0 if it was actually broken.

There was a lot of lint inside the dryer, not sure where it would come from so I don't know if that could cause a fault in a sensor or something.

Any guidance on what to do next?

Edit: no codes are showing. I also have been using the timed dry option at the hottest option at 1hr 45mins to start, so I don't think it's the moisture sensors doing interfering.

Edited by user Monday, January 4, 2021 7:25:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.