Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ps33  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2020 4:19:13 PM(UTC)
ps33

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,
I have a GCWN3000M1WS GE washer.

It agitates but not correctly and clothes wrap around the agitator.

The stainless steel basket will spin right, but not left, and makes a vibrating noise when trying to spin left. OR it will spin left okay, but not right, and makes the vibrating noise. It just depends on the direction is gets started for which direction it will spin okay for that cycle.

I opened the front panel and watched it working. During the vibrations, it appears the motor is just not moving but is vibrating/slipping. It will move left and spin the belt, but when it is time to move right it stays still and vibrates OR if the motor started the cycle spinning successfully to the right then it vibrates when it is supposed to spin left.

The belt is not slipping.
It spins fine in the spin dry cycle. It is just having problems during the agitation cycle when it changes directions to make the basket agitate.

I looked and there is only a motor for sale and not a clutch. I first thought it was the clutch or clutch strap. I am unsure where the clutch is or if there is one since there is not a part called a clutch that I can buy.

Anyone else have this problem, know any troubleshooting I could try, or know the cheapest way to fix it?

thanks

Edited by user Monday, December 21, 2020 11:23:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fixing grammar

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.