Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chanash  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 3:00:11 PM(UTC)
chanash

Groups: Registered
United States

Ok so to start with, we recently moved and installed the propane conversion kit.
Dryer worked before the move. BUT the dryer had to be moved up from the basement, then into the truck, then out of the truck and into the 1st fl laundry room. Lots of banging and shaking around during the moving process because this thing is a beast (if you're not familiar with it, it's 6ft tall).
So, did the LP conversion, no problem. Fired it up, get ignition, get nice yellow/white flame, then 45-60sec it goes out. This happens every so often, maybe every 5-10 min or so. 120min later, clothes are still cold, wet, and pathetic. Obviously, the flame isnt staying on long enough to dry clothes. Crack it back open, replaced coils. No change, still pathetic clothes. Replace ignitor. Same result. Still cycling the flame on and off occasionally. My friend says, "no no you need a new valve that's specifically for LP cus the gas has a different flow/pressure/etc". Parts guy at local maytag dealer says "no no you dont need a new valve, and they dont make LP specific valves for dryers anyway. You probably need coils or ignitor, or maybe flame sensor."
I read somewhere something about adjusting the air shutter. I google that, and I find no such terminology in reference to my specific dryer, but I do understand what the purpose is of adjusting it (to move the flame sensor closer to the flame as the propane might be creating a slightly smaller flame circumference, and not triggering the flame sensor). Yeah I tried that. Nuthin but still cold wet pathetic clothes.
I have not yet replaced the flame sensor though.
So, any suggestions? TIA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.